large intestine function

Home Forums Inner Qigong Forum large intestine function

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    silkkopp
    Participant

I really like the idea to consider the large intestin as “asserting your space”-this makes sense to me and after the last class i could feel and incorporate it,also the idea of the 2 pillars to help you standing for the Hara,standing for yourself.
    So my question now:often in Shiatsu we talk about the large intestine function to get rid of something,and this expression creates often resistance in people-including myself 🙂
    im a bit confused now since the 2 ideas -to me personally-are hard to combine,
    to assert my space is more positive and to get rid of something is not bad but takes often a lot of effort,mostly there are things which are hard to accept or release.So how can i bring those 2 ideas together?Would you say that in order to assert my space i need to get rid of everything not serving me anymore ?or should i consider the 2 ideas separately and use it only in the personal context of the client,as 2 completely different approaches depending of the issue the client has?
    hope this makes sense what i wrote…

Bill Palmer
    Keymaster

Hi Silke, There doesn’t need to be a contradiction between those two views of the Large Intestine. I find it useful to look at the direction of energy rather than its function.

The direction of Large Intestine Qi is OUTWARD. So it can help push things out that are toxic but it can also push back against outside pressure so that you stand your ground and assert your space.

Different personalities will find different things difficult. You might find that letting go of things and pushing them away is difficult, another person may find it difficult to resist outside pressure. In both cases, the Large Intestine can give help in doing them.

Just see the Large Intestine as helping OUTWARD directed actions and as a continuation of the EXPANDING energy of the Lung.

silkkopp
    Participant

Thank you Bill!this makes sense and is very helpful!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.