Helping the body to communicate with the mind.
This course is suitable for any type of body therapist. Since humans are social creatures, we are concerned with pleasing and copying other people. In the process, we can lose contact with what our own body wants. Many illnesses and injuries are caused by not listening to our body and forcing it to do something that it has not ‘agreed to’. In other words, the “Inner Community” of bones. muscles, organs and cells is ruled by an autocratic mind rather than being a democracy.
The inspiration for the workshop comes from a particular form of democracy successfully tried by several communities worldwide. The basis of this form of living together allows a community to act efficiently and make decisions easily without forming discontented subgroups. We will show how to apply this method to the way you treat your inner community and how you treat clients.
This approach makes Shiatsu more interactive and exploratory. Helping a client to listen to each part of their body empowers them to be an equal partner in the therapy rather than passively relying on the therapist’s expertise.
The course will :
- Show how to sense the different body systems
- Show how the organs can communicate through movement and voice
- Show how to teach clients to sense their own body and meridians
- Show how this helps clients to actively explore themselves in a therapy session
- Demonstrate methods of conflict resolution which work both within the body and with outer relationships
- Show how well-known methods of facilitating groups can be applied to working with the body.
Read an article