A workshop of Movement, Bodywork and Experiential Anatomy to explore how the fascia and connective tissues give a sense of integrity both physically and emotionally.
These tissues connect everything together and give a sense of elasticity and wholeness to the body. We will show how to contact the fascia through specific qualities of touch, how to feel and develop the elasticity of the fascia in oneself and how to use that sensation to find a sense of physical coordination and ease in movement.Bill Palmer’s research with infant development has shown that the classical meridians show the way in which babies learn to move by connecting different body parts. As adults we find other ways of moving, particularly using spirals and movements that cross the midline. These pathways of connection are embodied in the muscles and fascia, forming ‘personal meridians’ different to the innate ones. The workshop will show how to work with these myo-fascial meridians and help clients to be aware of their unique way of moving and being.
The course will:
- Show how to contact fascia and help a client feel its connective function
- Show techniques for working with joints to resolve internal conflict
- Show how to connect limbs to centre using archetypal infant movements
- Show techniques to activate muscles that are passive in movement
- Show the Inner Qigong that stimulates the Jue Yin and Shao Yang Channels
- Show how to help a client to use the whole body in every movement